Geopolitics Decanted by Silverado
Why Giving Ukraine F-16s Makes Sense
Dmitri Alperovitch talks with Retired UK Air Marshall Greg Bagwell, former Deputy Commander of Operations at RAF Air Command, about how the West can overcome training, logistical, transportation, maintenance, repair and other challenges to provide Ukraine modern aircraft platforms such as F-16s.
Dmitri Alperovitch talks with Retired UK Air Marshall Greg Bagwell, former Deputy Commander of Operations at RAF Air Command, about how the West can provide Ukraine with modern aircraft platforms such as F-16s.
- Why F-16 is one of the best planes to provide to Ukraine today
- How to transport planes into Ukraine without triggering Russian retaliation
- How Ukraine pilots can be trained within weeks on the basic missions most needed for current phase of the war
- How to quickly train and assist remotely the ground crews that will maintain the fleet
- How Ukraine can be helped in repair and replacement of parts for the planes
- What munitions can be provided for the missions to be undertaken
- What options exist for helicopter aid